Thursday 1 January 2015

Just add Water

It is not abnormal when approaching the beginning of a New Year to get out the old note pad which has ripped out pages from previous failed attempts at "resolutions" and scribble down a list of tasks which somehow seem that more appealing to complete on January 1st.
Whether it is wanting to become a marathon runner (I can honestly say this has never reached my list), identify a super skill which will provide an opportunity to come into money that has been holding out on you for all these years (still trying), learning a language (watashi wa grace desu), going on a trip etc.

For me I tend to have the same list;
- Get cracking on the vegetable garden (concrete sleepers bought with the best intention are growing mould and looking lonely in the backyard)
- Feeling healthy and strong (this is an ongoing uphill task being a mummy with 2 small tots)
- Taking time to volunteer (not just signing up actually making a commitment and following through)
- Taking time to appreciate the blessings even on a cloudy day
- Making memories with my children, not just taking photos
- Being present

Often when trying to just "get through" the mundane tasks of life we forget to stop, take a moment and be open to the spontaneous opportunities that can lead to things far greater than what we have already listed as successes on our recycled resolutions list.

Don't get me wrong, I desperately want to get those resolutions of my list and into my reality but I don't want to limit my expectations for 2015.

The idea of starting a blog has been a seed  left unwatered for a long time....In the spirit of being open to spontaneous opportunities I want to see this idea grow, whatever that may look like.
So I have decided to just add water......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Grace, Enjoyed reading your posts...keep it up! I've been working on my goals for 2015 and am starting with 5 goals for the month of January...hopefully biting off smaller pieces at a time will keep me more motivated! Need to get back to blogging as well... xxMichelle